If any Digital Marketing Agency approaches a company for digital marketing practices the first thing a client will ask is “How long will it take to rank my website?”. Now, this will depend on how old your website is, i.e., is it a completely new website or not? One can not exactly know the time period it will take to rank a website as it is made. But for your idea, if a digital marketing expert says it will take a minimum of 6 months or higher go by he words. That too this will again depend on a number of factors. The only thing that can help you get your website ranking within this period of time is proper Search Engine Optimisation. So have a clear understanding of SEO and build a strong strategy. Rather than focusing on the time period, it will take to rank lets focus on the techniques we can use in SEO to rank a website.
SEO is basically done for link building. So let us understand the factors for link building.
The first thing you need to do is research and analyze your data. Analyzing your data with the help of tools like SEMrush, buzz sumo, Ahref will let you know about the number of links to a web page, domain rank of the page, incoming links, ranking for the keywords, Google rank growth and much more. Here are some things you need to know:
1.Large websites rank faster than small websites Remember a site with Domain Rank higher will always have twice as many links as sites with a lower Domain Rank.
2. Unique and original content. Do you know the reason why SEOs give stress on creating new, unique and original content? That’s because Google has got better ways to rank fresh and unique content. Google gives priority to the originality of content. So be smart, play smart.
3. Generate high-quality links – do not give up soon One of the most important ranking factors. People do not understand that it’s not about quantity and it’s about quality. They usually work for gathering links for 2-3 months and then think it’s done. No doubt link building is hard but the next option is not to quit. Remember slow and steady wins the race. Let them be few but try gathering high-quality links. The entire time that you’re building links, you’re gaining momentum.
4. Go by the right methods of link building. Do not get trapped in indirect methods i.e influence, brand signals, and influencers. Publishing your content on social media platforms is the right thing you can do.
5. Build links as quickly as possible. Research says that building as many links as possible within 1.8 months after publishing the content tops the SERPs. These 1.8 months are seen as the freshness of your content. So be sure you do it within this period or things might get challenging later.
6. Decide upon the keywords you want to rank. The decision of choosing the keywords should be made before producing the content. Let’s say, company A is ranking on top position for a keyword ABC. The question arises should I try to rank for the same keyword ABC. Yes, why not.
Here is how you can go through an SEO strategy for initially a few months.
First month: Research on various things regarding your website. Search for your competitors, do keyword research, plan a strategy, learn about the latest digital marketing techniques to implement. This process won’t take much of your time.
Second month: Start with technical SEO. Analyze your website’s loading time, look for 404 pages, go ahead with on-page optimization. Work on the design of your website. Make it user friendly. Work on its URLs. Now you can also focus on content creation.
Third month: Go ahead with content creation. Start preparing for blogs, articles, PPT, press releases, articles. Start building your social media presence. Go for off-page optimization. This will start showing improvement in your rankings slowly.
Fourth month: Keep on updating new content, see for technical SEO and work for link building. Remember do not fall for spammy links. Above I have mentioned the tricks for link building. By this month you can start expecting traffic to your website and track it with the help of Google Analytics. This tool will help you see the gradual increase in traffic. This will tell you that your SEO strategy is working.
Fifth month : This month is for you to focus on your social media channels to increase brand/ product/service awareness among your targeted audience. Social media channels will help you amplify your content and generate direct traffic. You will see the growth in traffic and ultimately growth in leads.
Sixth month : Set a target of reaching 5,000 per month. If you have achieved this by this month start with conversion rate optimization to improve the traffic you are receiving is converted. From this point, you can be consistent with your activities. Stay updated on the latest SEO trends and modify your strategy accordingly.
With this I would conclude that the question should be what can I do to get my website ranked on top of the SERP and not how long will it take to rank my website on the top position. If you want to rank your website and get consultation for your business regarding digital marketing please contact us or write in the comment section below.